Hope you're all enjoying a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend.
This post will be kind of a mash-up of what I've been up to this week, and talking about some of my favorite products for the month of August.
Without further ado, here we go!
Check out this LONG post after the jump!
This week I started to challenge myself to really get through my untried nail polishes.
This is Nicole by OPI For Gold Times Sake. Look at the different colors in the shimmer! It was a really beautiful polish.
But the MAIN thing I've been up to lately?
Getting ready for this weekend:
the Gentlemen of the Road Stopover in Troy, OH!
The Gentlemen of the Road stopover was a 2-day festival hosted by Mumford & Sons (one of my favorite bands) and the lovely people of Troy, Ohio. Two days of music, camping, food, a street festival, and meeting new people from around the world. We brought our little tent and camped out. Because how ELSE should you do a festival?!
Lots of Summer Shandy was had.
Lots of sunburn was had, too! Even though we applied SPF50 on the hour, it was an incredibly hot and sunny weekend here in Ohio, and I got mega sunburned. This photo is J and I on Day 2. We wised up and got the headwear to keep the sweat from rolling down our faces :)
The entire town was decked out for the event. Local artists and artisans were everywhere, it was a really cool experience. Fun fact: there's me taking the photo...you can see how crispy I am.
But my favorite part had to be all the moustaches. They were EVERYWHERE. :)
The festival grounds was the high school football stadium. J, me, and 30,000 other people had quite a blast here in the hot, hot sun. We opted for bleacher seats because we've been close to the front during a Mumford & Sons show and had our "Mumford moment." We just wanted to relax and take it all in this time.
The entire experience was absolutely amazing. Beyond words, really. It was a two-day party with 30,000 of my new friends. People came from all over the world. I saw bands like Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Old Crow Medicine Show, The Vaccines, and of course, Mumford & Sons.
Here are my wristbands and one of our tickets, which was a passport and you had to collect stamps for it!
Finding the stamps made it a truly immersive experience and it was so much fun getting them all!
If I had the chance, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Even though I'm sore, tired, hungover, sunburned, etc. In a heartbeat.
Now, on to my monthly favorites for August!
Simple and amazing products this month.
1. Ponche Shower Gel from LUSH. This was a holiday product last year - and never fear, a little birdie told me it's coming back again for Christmas this year. Ponche is a mouth-watering tequila and orange juice shower gel. It smells amazingly bright, and yes, the tequila comes through. But I love the fresh, bright orange fragrance that gets left on my skin. I didn't love this at Christmastime, but right now it's perfect for these hot summer days.
2. Sea Spray Hair Mist also from LUSH. This is a sea salt spray for texturizing hair, and it gives a little bit of hold for styling. What I like to do with this is spritz it on my hair right out of the shower. It makes my hair soft and shiny, makes my waves more defined, and smells amazing. It's about all the styling I do lately, and it's pure perfection.
3. Hooky at the Hamlet by HAREpolish. This is a gorgeous, minty toothpaste-colored jelly polish with white glitters, blue iridescent sparks, and a really warm microshimmer. It's absolute amazingness and here it is in action:
HARE makes some of my favorite polishes. Nikole, the creator, is truly a glitter genius. HAREpolish can be found on etsy and llarowe.
4. tarte Lucky Lipsurgence Matte Lip Tint: I absolutely love these chubby lip tints. They are easy to use when I'm on the go and have some serious staying power. This particular color is a dusty, warm light pink. It's got a totally matte finish that looks gorgeous but isn't too drying or horrific feeling. I reached for this one a lot this month.
5. LUSH Washday Greens Shampoo. This is a Retro product and is therefore only available online. I won this shampoo during one of LUSH's chat parties earlier this year. I'm glad I did because it's quickly become one of my favorite shampoos ever. It's got bay leaf infusion in it, which is stimulating and toning, chlorophyll to balance oil production, menthol, peppermint, and spearmint to refresh the scalp! This shampoo is wonderfully tingling and refreshing, and makes my hair feel truly clean. I tend to have greasy roots and dry ends, and this is perfect for balancing all of that out. I find that when I use this, I can go an extra day in between shampoos. So now, I only have to wash my hair every third day or so. This stuff rocks and I'm glad I had the chance to experience it.
Whew! That was a long and sort of disjointed post, I know. But I had to do some monthly favorites as well as tell you how amazing my weekend was. I hope all of you are having a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!