Happy Friday everyone! I am bringing you something I haven't brought you in awhile - a Birchbox post!
I used to post these monthly and I got out of the habit, but decided to show you what Birchbox had in store for me this month.
If you're not familiar with Birchbox or you're just joining me for the first time, here's the rundown about it:
Birchbox is one of my favorite monthly beauty subscription sampling services. It's $10/month for around 5 deluxe beauty samples. It's a great way to discover new brands. If you're a product junkie like me, and hate committing to new products, this is the perfect subscription. You can review the items you get each month for points. Gather up enough points and get $$$ off in the Birchbox shop! If you want to sign up for Birchbox, feel free to click my referral link here. I'll get 50 Birchbox points for every person that joins!
To view other Birchboxes I've gotten, click here.
September is Birchbox's birthday month and I always get excited for whatever they send that month. You can tell a lot more goes into these anniversary boxes.
The theme for this month was "Fresh Paint."
"September means turning the page on summer, and diving into fall's colors, textures, and inspiration. It's also Birchbox's anniversary month - the perfect time to celebrate our subscribers, reflect on the past years(four and counting!) and gear up for new adventures. With that in mind, we've dressed your Birchboxes in gorgeous patterns fit for a new season. We hope you'll use these keepsake boxes to store samples and other treasures. And of course you can expect plenty more surprises all month - stay tuned!"
I really loved the colorful graphics for the month.
Here's the inside of my box! I was so excited to see a full size nail polish in there!
And here it all is unwrapped in all its glory.
Let's go through what's in the box, shall we?
- Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture: A newly launched, decadent blend of wild berries, honeysuckle, and warm caramel notes. Spritz onto pulse points and you're golden. I've got the original Viva La Juicy in my fragrance collection, because I've always enjoyed the warm, caramel-y notes it brings out. Viva La Juicy Gold Couture is first off a mouthful to say. It encompasses a lot of the warmer notes I love in Viva La Juicy. I definitely get an amber, and a caramelized note. Very warm and comforting fragrance and perfect for fall.
- Full Size: $92.00 for 3.4oz | Sample Value: .05oz, valued at $1.35
- RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer in RUFFIAN Naked: This 5-free polish in a chic nude shade dries to a glossy, streak-free finish. Apply a base coat and follow with two coats of this long-lasting lacquer. Bonus! we added in this acetone-free towelette to remove your fave RUFFIAN lacquer. I'm not a giant fan of the RUFFIAN nail polishes I've received from my Birchboxes. The formula on this one promised to be relatively streak-free, but I still found myself using three coats. Also, this nude shade is NOT chic on me. I had to cover it with Girly Bits Love Ya Beach! to even feel comfortable with the hue. Ah well, not every nail polish will hit it out of the park. Very cool of Birchbox to include the remover towelette, which I'm told smells like amber.
- Full Size: $10.00 for 0.17oz | Sample Value: FULL SIZE! $10.00 (Also, this is like HALF the size of a normal nail polish, so it makes me giggle that a nail polish this small is full size.) The remover towelettes are $12.00 for a pack of ten, so the total sample value here is $11.20.
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate: Enhances skin's defensive power against signs of aging for a radiant complexion. Morning and night, apply to clean face before serum and moisturizer to boost results. I had been very intrigued about this one after seeing it in the September issue of Allure. The sample is the cutest packaging ever and is actually quite a nice size. This goes smoothly onto the face and feels invisible.
- Full Size: $65.00 for 30 ml | Sample Value: 10ml, valued at $21.67. (Holy wow.)
- TEMPTU S/B Highlighter in Champagne Shimmer: Liquid shimmer that illuminates and contours your complexion or gives an all-over glow. Dab and blend on apples of cheeks, brow bones, Cupid's bow, or anywhere else you'd like. When I first got into makeup, I went crazy on highlighters. I collected every big one there was to have. I loved the way the shimmer played with the light and drew attention to my features. Now that I'm older and my skin has grown drier, I am sometimes wary about bringing a lot of light to some of my features - haha! TEMPTU is an airbrush makeup system, so it made sense to me that this highlighter would be so liquid. It also isn't shimmery or glittery, but brings a beautiful sheen to the skin. It blends in and looks gorgeous. I wish I had a TEMPTU - if I did, this would be a must-have product for me.
- Full Size: $27.50 for 1oz | Sample Value: .1oz, valued at $2.75.
- Tocca Crema de Mano - Bianca: Loaded with natural oils, this green tea and lemon lotion absorbs in a flash. Rub generously into hands - and anywhere you need a moisture boost. I'm mainly a nail blogger, so I get pretty excited whenever I see a hand cream come in my beauty boxes - I go through them like it's my job! (Wait....) This one is a definite green tea and lemon scent, and I really was impressed with how quickly it absorbed into my skin. This has jojoba, olive, and coconut oils, which are among my favorites because they are sebum balancers and don't tell our skin to overproduce oil. I definitely will be popping this sample into my purse for the upcoming dryness I know I'm going to experience with the seasons changing.
- Full Size: $20.00 for 4oz | Sample Value: 1oz, valued at $5.00.
The total value of my $10.00 birchbox was $41.97! I'm very impressed! I really loved some of the products this month, like the Shiseido, Temptu, and Tocca items. What did you think of my Birchbox? What did you get that you've been loving?
Have a great weekend!