Hi everyone! I hope you've been having a great week. I can't believe it's October already. This month will always be hard for me - October 3 is the anniversary of my mother's death. I can't believe it's been a year already. It feels like less time has passed, but also that more time has passed. I haven't gone a day this past year without thinking of her, and I still find myself overcome with emotion from time to time. It's like a pain that is always there, just under the surface, no matter how hard I pretend it isn't there.
I think later this month I will do a reflections post, but for now I wanted to bring you my monthly favorites for September 2015!
1. LUSH Ultrabland. I have been wearing more makeup since I've had more time to do so. LUSH Ultrabland has been a saving grace for me! I put this on my face at the end of the night and then wipe off the cleanser with a hot washcloth. It softens my skin and melts away even the most budge-proof liner and mascara. It was nice getting to revisit Ultrabland this month, as it is one of my favorite products of all time.
2. tarte Gifted mascara gave me some amazing lashes. It lengthened, thickened, and held a curl, all while staying nice and soft and being easy to wash off. Really nice formula that leaves me looking awake.
3. Supergoop CC Cream (in the tiny white tube). I received a sample of this from Birchbox forever ago and got around to using it this month. There were quite a few uses in the tube, and I just finished it today. It gives great coverage, cancels a bit of my redness with the color correction formula, and leaves me with a natural finish. My freckles still peek through, but my skin looks brighter and more awake. I am going to be purchasing the large tube of this - $32 on Birchbox's website.
4. Equate Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover Pads. I picked these up at Walmart while on my vacation in August and used them a lot in the last month! They're felt pads soaked with remover, so they help scrub away at pesky glitter. The non-acetone formula keeps my nails and skin from drying out. These are great to have on-hand to remove polish once it chips for me (because once one nail chips, that's when I usually pick at the rest of them and peel all my polish off).
5. Journal + Pilot Varsity fountain pen. Lately I've made a lot more time for journaling and processing my thoughts. It's a great form of cheap therapy. I posted on my instagram about the Pilot Varsity fountain pen. I picked up a 7-pack of them on Amazon for cheap, and I have been loving them. It's a medium-nib fountain pen, so it's a bit more bold, but I'm ok with that. I have really begun to enjoy the art of handwriting again.
6. Amazon Kindle Fire HD6. I picked this up on a whim in August because it was dead cheap - It's usually $99.99, but it was on sale for $69.99 and I used a $30.00 gift card. This has been great because I don't have to lug around my 15" MacBook Pro into bed to watch Netflix, and I don't have to hold my iPhone 6 either. I really still want to get an iPad, but this has been great for Netflix watching, random surfing, and TONS of ebook reading in the past month. The display is really crisp.
There you have it, my monthly favorites for September! What were your favorite products for the month?